Wednesday 17 June 2009

GO WEST END


A relaunched, very attractive website and blog from West End Lane Bookshop today plunged me benignly into a soft cloud of nostalgia. A couple of jobs ago, I was a sales rep. for a company called Troika that represented several interesting, independent publishers. My patch included London, and it was always with great pleasure that I would visit this bookshop and so beguile them with my sales patter and almost hypnotic powers of persuasion that they would occasionally order a book or two.

This shop is an attractive, well-stocked literary haven, with excellent links to local authors, around whom interesting readings are often organised, and friendly and knowledgeable staff. Add to all this the proximity of top-notch charity emporia, several chic cafes and an independent bicycle shop, and you have an irresistible scenario.

Why not check them out virtually and physically.


David


No comments: