Wednesday 4 February 2009

A SITE FOR SORE EYES

This is probably old news (and therefore not news) to many of you, but I've recently discovered Goodreads.  This is a wonderful site which allows users to - among other things - log their own reading, compare instantly their opinions of books with those of other users and join special interest communities and discussion groups.  The site is very well designed in terms of both functionality and aesthetics, and is free to use.

For someone like myself with a poor memory, Goodreads is an ideal way to remind myself of what I've read and what I thought of it, as well as being a route to the discovery of other people's books and reading habits, which can provide a wealth of suggestions for future reading.

If you decide to swell the site's ranks, do look me up and extend an invitation of friendship, (I exist there under my real name, David Birkett) if you're so inclined.

Quotation of the day

"Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem." John Galsworthy, author of the The Dark Flower, BBC Radio 4's Book at Bedtime over December and January, published by Capuchin Classics.


David.




No comments: